Ads 468x60px

11/13/2010

Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas

This is the third legacy of Bob Ong, the author of ABNKKBSNPLKo?!? and Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro Ang Mga Pilipino?




These are some of his books:

  • ABNKKBSNPLKo?!?
  • Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro Ang Mga Pilipino?
  • Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas
  • Alamat ng Gubat
  • Stainless Longganisa
  • MACARTHUR
Of all his books, only one was I able to finish. That is "Alamat ng Gubat", full of laughter and ridiculous concepts as usual. Tinapos ko yun ng isang upuan lang. And that was the first time I was able to finish a book. I just borrowed it from a classmate when I was in college.

Way back in High School I was able to read two of his masterpieces, the first and the third book. But I wasn't able to finish it because I just borrowed them from my friends. I also glanced one of his books, the second one. It caught my attention because one of my classmates was reading a book upside-down.

Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas (Bob Ong)
third legacy


This is the very first book I bought for myself. Well I bought books before but those books weren't for me. I buy books for gifts not for me to read. But this time I was so eager to complete his books. I want to collect all six and the upcoming books.

I bought "Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas" first because this was the first Bob Ong book that I was able to read, although just the first part. So I decided to start off with this book and then I'll purchase ABNKKBSNPLKo?!?, Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro Ang Mga Pilipino?, Ang Alamat Ng Gubat (even if I finished this book already), Stainless Longganisa, and lastly MACARTHUR.

I bought this book at Powerbooks, Glorietta. At first I wasn't really sure if I will buy a book or not. Like I said, this is my first time to buy a book for myself. I was even thinking of buying a different book. I looked around first. I searched every corner because there might be something else interesting to read like detective stories and all that. But then I realized, I'm really no good when it comes to books. So I went ahead and asked the sales lady, "Where are your Bob Ong Books?" I was looking for it all over and I can't find it. It was at the front shelf.

Then I saw all his books. I wanted to grab them all, but I was on a tight budget. I was still thinking that time, "What should I pick?" But I always had "Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas" in mind. Then I didn't think twice anymore because I needed to go home already. I grabbed the book and bought it.

He's really a great author. Bob Ong combines knowledge with funny facts and he delivers it smoothly to make his readers think twice and realize, "Oo nga noh?" He uses common and new-age phrases to attack the youth but at the same time he uses old school topics to capture the elder's attention. His delivery and choice of words are rather simple and probably some would refer to as junk, but if you contemplate on his ideas, he makes big sense. Bob Ong uses humor all the time with his books that makes it comic, but if you would really look deep into it, he only puts those words to entertain you but it's actually a great strategy to convey his unusual wisdom to each and everyone of his readers. I say it's unusual wisdom because when you look at it plainly you will only see what it says, but when you look at it from a wider perspective, this simple thought has a deeper meaning and it really reaches every fanatics and even non-fanatics of his art. A lot of people are using his quotes to encourage people or to make them feel better, and most of all, to put a smile on their faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment